How to solve a problematic blogger sitemap submission to Google Webmaster Tools (Google Search Console)
This problem, is not only peculiar to blogger blogs alone, but may also happen with other websites or blogs hosted on other servers, or created with some other CMS, like WordPress, Wix, Joomla, etc.
In this post, I will be sharing with you how you can solve this problem on blogger.
This post is totally different from other approaches that I have come across before, because I was recently confronted with this problem, and all solutions I read online proved abortive, then I decided to try something new, and it worked out.
That is what I will be sharing with you today.
The image above showed all my submitted sitemaps that proved abortive. I used both old methods of submission as well as the new method, but non worked out.
So I created new blogs, and instead of linking them with custom domains before submission, I decided to submit before linking.
That was where the breakthrough came from. After I submitted using the blogger domain, it worked.
Therefore, I decided to unlink my blog that was posing a challenge, create a new property in Google Webmaster Tool with the blogger stock domain name. Voila, it worked out.
It was after submission that I then linked back my blog to the custom domain.
You don’t have to do that anyway, for it to work. I did that because I was just trying it out. But you can just create a new property in google webmaster tool and submit your blogger sitemap in that property.
The sitemap to submit is: https://yourblogname.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml.
That is if you have enabled https for your blog. If not, use http instead.
What I discovered to be my challenge, was my custom domain. Yours may also be similar or different, so just try it out.
Note: Don’t try to submit your sitemap with your stock blogger domain name using your custom domain property to Google Webmaster Tool cos it wont work that way.
You have to create a new property for the stock domain first.
Hope this helps.