How to set up an ads.txt for your blogger blog
Ads.txt simply refers to Authorized Digital Sellers. It is an IAB initiative that helps ensure that your digital ad inventory is only sold through sellers (such as AdSense) who you’ve identified as authorized. Creating your own ads.txt file gives you more control over who’s allowed to sell ads on your site and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers.
Implementation of ads.txt on your blog is not compulsory but a recommendation by google since it protects advertisers from counterfeit inventories and help you receive more advertiser spend.
To set up ads.txt for adsense on blogger, follow these steps:
- Log in to your blogger dashboard
- Click the down arrow at the topmost left corner of your dashboard to select the blog you wish to set up an ads.txt on
- On the left, click settings
- Under settings, click search preferences
- Under monetization, find custom ads.txt
- Click on edit
- Click on yes,
- For adsense setup, copy the follow line of code into the box:
google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Click on save changes and you’re done